Black bin collections take place every other week
Your black bin is for non-recyclable household waste. Any rubbish you put in your black bin goes straight to landfill or Energy from Waste. Please make sure you recycle and reduce your waste as much as you can.
Please make sure you return your containers to your property as soon as possible after collection.
Please do not put the following in your black bin:
- soil, rubble or bricks - these can be taken to our household waste recycling centres (HWRC's) (please see charges here)
- small electrical items - please recycle these at our mini recycling centres
- batteries - these can be taken to our HWRC's or to battery collection points in most supermarkets
- vapes - these can be taken to either of our HWRC's for disposal
- hot ash - please let this cool overnight before placing into your black bin
- gas canisters (including nitrous oxide canisters) - please either see if the store you purchased these from has a take-back scheme or take to Newtown Road HWRC for disposal
- commercial or business waste- you will need to arrange a separate waste collection for this via a private contractor
- food waste - this should be placed in your food waste caddy for a weekly collection
To make sure you get a great service, please:
- have your black bin ready for us to empty by 6am on your collection day
- leave your bin handles facing outwards, as this will make the collection quicker for our crews
- ensure your bin lid is closed and that there is no excess rubbish left next to the bin
- do not overload your bin with heavy items
If you put your rubbish out for collection in black sacks provided by us, please check our sack collections page for information on your collections.