From Monday 17 May, our opening hours for Market Street and West Street receptions in Newbury are:
|Monday||8:30am to 5pm|
|Tuesday||8:30am to 5pm|
|Wednesday||8:30am to 5pm|
|Thursday||8:30am to 5pm|
|Friday||8:30am to 4:30pm|
For any enquiries out of hours, please contact 01635 42161. This number is for emergencies only.
When the Council offices are closed, please do not call in relation to noise issues or bin collections. These can be reported online using our Report a Problem form and will be picked up the next working day.
You can find location and opening details of individual offices at the bottom of the page.
For information on COVID-19, please see coronavirus information for residents page.
We will be asking for customers' name and address and contact details to enable track and trace in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak. We will need to keep the records for 21 days, after which they will be destroyed.
We're taking a cautious approach to reopening and we would encourage you to continue to use our online or telephone service (01635 551 111) as the preferred options, unless it is essential that you need to visit the offices.
Our top priority is keeping you and our staff safe whilst visiting us, so we're taking great care to put comprehensive social distancing and cleaning measures in place.
Please do not visit the council buildings if you or someone you live with has any of the following:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss of, or change to, your sense of smell or taste
What to expect when you visit the council offices
- Screens have been placed on all public facing desk and reception.
- Line markings will be put in front of reception to show where you need to stand to assist with social distancing.
- Line markings to be put around chairs in reception and at desks. Please do not move chairs.
- You may have to queue outside to enter the building so that we can limit the number of customers in the building. Markings will be visible to indicate 2 metres distance for those in any queue.
- Signage will be positioned at the main entrance doors requesting customers to wait until reception is free before entering.
- A signal system will be in operation at the reception desk calling the next customer forward.
- Seating has been reduced and positioned to allow social distancing, please come alone where possible and please do not move chairs.
- Two public access computers are positioned to all for social distancing in reception to facilitate self-service where possible.
- Hand sanitiser and wipes will be available in reception for you to use.
We look forward to welcoming you back and talking to you.