Missed Bin Collection
Missed rubbish or recycling collections, and how to report them
Before reporting a missed collection of either your rubbish or recycling containers, please check:
- whether there are any issues affecting the service - you can check the status online
- that it is your scheduled collection day
- that your bin/container was out by 6am and at your normal collection point
- that your bin/container contains the correct materials
- whether you've been left a bin hanger explaining why your rubbish or recycling was not taken. If your bin has not been taken because it was overfilled or there was excess waste, please take this to your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre for disposal. If your bin was too heavy, please remove the heavy objects before your next collection.
If you have checked all the above, you can report a missed collection to Customer Services. Food waste collections must be reported within two working days and all other collections must be reported within five working days of your scheduled collection.
We'll investigate your report, and if we agree that we have missed your collection, we will return to collect your rubbish or recycling. If there is an issue with your bin due to contamination, you will need to remove the wrong items before your next collection.