Toggle menu

Hedges and Hedgerows

How to report a overgrown hedge or hedgerow and who is responsible

If you have noticed a hedge or hedgerow that is blocking a path or road, you can report it online, here. If it's something we look after, we'll investigate.

You can find further information about our grass cutting schedules and verges, here.

Removing a Hedge or Hedgerow

If you are intending to remove a hedge or hedgerow, please check the hedgerow regulation and management guidelines and hedgerow legislation.

You may need to submit an Application Form for Hedgerow Removal to our Planning Service, and obtain permission before you start. There are Help Notes to assist you in completing this application form.

You can find further information about the protection and management of hedgerows on the GOV.UK Countryside Hedgerows guidance webpage.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email