Toggle menu

Managing the Finances of Someone Unable to do so Themselves

Helping someone lacking the capacity to manage their own financial affairs

Sometimes, a person lacks the capacity to manage their own finances and needs the help of a family member, or third party, to do it for them. 

If you want to manage the financial affairs of someone else in this situation, you need to have legal authority to do so. 

You can find information on who can do this and how on the GOV.UK website.

Support from the Deputyship Team

West Berkshire Council's Deputyship Team can also give help and advice to West Berkshire residents that lack the capacity to deal with their own property and financial affairs.

If you would like to request support from the Deputyship Team, please complete and sign Icon for pdf our support request form [232KB] .

Please note: the Deputyship Team will only become the legal deputy or appointee itself as a last resort, where there is no other appropriate person who can do so on behalf of the individual.

If you need to get help and advice, or you need to make a referral to the Deputyship Team, please get in touch with us.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email