Volunteering in Your Local Library
Volunteers play an important role in helping our staff to deliver the West Berkshire library service.
Community Library Volunteers support the day-to-day running of the library. The opportunity is to play a key role which includes:
- Offering a friendly welcome to all members of the community using the library
- Assisting library customers to use our self-service kiosks and our library computers
- Helping customers to find and choose books and other stock
- Assisting with library groups or activities
- Keeping the library stock tidy and attractively displayed
Community Library Volunteers are recruited and then timetabled in for a regular session as this helps us to deliver a more reliable service.
There are many reasons for volunteering - to support a cause you believe in, to gain new skills and experiences, to meet new friends, or to help people and give something back to your local community.
Please see ourwhich sets out what you can expect and what your responsibilities are as a library volunteer. Training and support will be provided.
Many libraries have community Friends Groups and we can put you in touch with them if you are interested.
To find information about all our library volunteering opportunities and how to apply, visit our online page.
Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org 01635 519533.