Fees and Payments for Planning Applications
Scale of fees and how to pay for a planning application
Fees for Planning Applications
Our Scale of Fees will help you to work out how much your application will cost.
You can pay for planning application fees in the following ways:
- Online - You can pay online if your application is submitted via our email@example.com email address or in hard format by using our secure Online Payment System (please note: you cannot pay using our online service if you submit via the planning portal).
- By phone - You can pay with a debit or credit card over the phone by calling the secure payment line on 01635 503828 during office hours and selecting option 5. Please quote the site address of the development, planning reference number or planning portal reference number.
- By post - You can send a cheque made payable to 'West Berkshire Council' to the Development and Planning Service at the Council Offices.
- BACS payment - please contact the Planning Service for BACS details.
When making a BACS payment, please include your planning application reference, or full name if you do not have a reference.
Fees for the 'Approval of Details Reserved by Condition'
Following a grant of planning permission which included conditions, you may need to apply for 'Approval of Details Reserved by Condition' in order to 'discharge' or 'determine' those planning conditions.
This application, often known as a 'discharge of conditions', can be made:
- online via the Planning Portal
- by completing the downloadable form
- or by writing a letter to us (please clearly identify the relevant permission and the condition(s) concerned on your form or letter)
- is £34 where the condition(s) relates to Householder planning permission, or £116 per request for 'Other' application types
- is not required for discharge of conditions attached to applications for Listed Building Consent, Conservation Area Consent or Advertisement Consent
- is per request to discharge conditions and not per condition. You can include more than one condition on a single request but they must be for the same permission
- must be paid at the time of the request and cannot be paid retrospectively
- is not affected by the date planning permission was granted
We must deal with all applications for discharge of conditions within 8 weeks. We will refund your fee if we do not respond within 12 weeks from when we receive your application.
For certain applications, concessions or exemptions from payment are applicable. Please see the Scale of Fees for more details.
Modification or Discharge of Planning Obligation
A Planning Obligation is an agreement made between a local authority and a developer. It can be attached to a planning permission to make acceptable development which would otherwise be unacceptable in planning terms.
There is no fee payable for a