Holiday Activities and Food (HAF) Programme
About the HAF programme for 2023 as well as videos from our 2021 and 2022 programme
The aim of the HAF programme is to support children to eat more healthily, be more active over the school holidays and have a greater knowledge of health and nutrition, as well as being more engaged with school and other local services.
Getting Involved - HAF 2023
The holiday club places will be available for the equivalent of at least four hours a day, four days a week, six weeks per year: one week in the Easter holidays, four weeks in the summer holidays and one week in the winter break. See thefor full details.
Please find a list of schools and providers that offer HAF provision during the school holidays below (more booking links are coming soon!):
- Thatcham Park School - Get Active: Book Here
- The Winchcombe School - MNR Book Here Code NewburyHAF23
- Calcot Schools - MNR Book Here Code CalcotHAF23
- Lambourn Primary School - MNR Book Here Code LambournHAF23
- Garland Primary School - Usports Book Here
- Cotsworld Sports Centre - Usports Book Here
- Burghfield St Mary's School - Funtastic Kids Book Here Code: West Berks
- Springfield Primary School - Funtastic Kids Book Here Code: West Berks
- Falkland Primary School - Funtastic Kids Book Here Code: West Berks
- Kennet Valley Primary School - Funtastic Kids Book Here Code: West Berks
- Bradfield College - Play Sport Book Here
- Northcroft Leisure Centre - Play Sport Book Here
- Westwood Farm School - Go Beanies
- Hungerford Youth Community Centre - HYCC
- Waterside Centre Newbury - Community Youth
- Pangbourne Primary School - Next Thing
- Long Lane - Mighty All Stars Book Here
- Burghfield Sailing Centre - Andrew Simpson Foundation Email to Book
- Spurcroft Primary School - Wild Wood Club
- Francis Bailey - School Led
- Whitelands Primary School - School Led
Please note that your eligibility for HAF holiday places will be independently verified upon booking. Sharing codes is not allowed.
In addition to this programme, families who are eligible for Universal Credit may be able to claim back up to 85 per cent of their childcare costs, dependent on the club attended. To find out more, please visit the 'Help paying for childcare' page on the GOV.UK website.
West Berkshire Council is working with local schools, voluntary and community organisations, and childcare providers to provide the HAF programme. The free places are funded by the Department for Education.
For queries related to Free School Meals, please contact the dedicated Free Schools Meals team.
If you are a provider looking to apply to deliver HAF provision, please contact the HAF Coordinator Hannah Lee on 01635 519084 to discuss.
HAF 2021 and 2022
Hundreds of children took part in HAF over the summer and Christmas holidays across West Berkshire. You can view our videos of the Easter and summer programmes using the links below:
- Hungerford Primary School's video
- Whitelands Park Primary School's video
- Holiday Activities and Food Programme - Summer edition video
Advice on living and eating well
- Healthy sustainable diets - videos and recipes from the British Nutrition Foundation
- Full Time Meals - cook along on Facebook with chef Tom Kerridge and Marcus Rashford
- Healthier families - find easy ways to eat well and move more, recipe ideas, 10 minute shake ups and much more
- Eat them to Defeat them - recipes and activities