West Berkshire Collective Energy Switching: Better Offers Together
Sign up to see if you can save money on your energy bills with the West Berkshire Big Community Switch
By offering exclusively 100% renewable electricity tariffs, the collective switching scheme contributes to these carbon reduction plans. Over 10,000 households across West Berkshire have previously registered through this scheme, helping them to secure competitive energy tariffs and reduce their carbon footprint.
We believe people are still paying too much for their energy. Big Community Switch helps residents switch energy suppliers, move to a renewable electricity tariff and potentially save money on their energy bills. Switching with us means you can benefit from the bargaining power of a large group.
Taking part in the West Berkshire Energy Switch is free and without obligation. The more people that participate in the scheme, the more likely we will be able to get a better deal for you.
How does it work?
We have partnered with independent experts in group buying, iChoosr UK. iChoosr manage the reverse auction and switching process, as well as provide support for residents at every step of the way.
Dates for the scheme are below:
- Register from 22 May 2023 (until the end of the acceptance phase)
- Auction will take place on 21 June 2023
- Personal offers will be sent out from 3 July 2023
- The acceptance phase will close at midnight on 31 July 2023
Before the auction you need to register with your address and energy details. You will need to have your annual energy statement, or most recent set of bills to hand as these will show your current energy usage.
On auction day a reverse auction is held where suppliers compete to provide the best deal. The lowest price wins the auction. After the winning supplier is announced, you will be sent a personalised offer with their winning tariff. Once you have received your personal offer, you will have until the end of the acceptance period to decide if you would like to switch or not.
Spread the word!
Collective switching works best when more people register, as the bargaining power to suppliers is increased, so once you have registered:
- Tell your neighbours about scheme to help them save also
- Help your relatives if they are not used to registering their details online - you can register on their behalf
- If someone you know doesn't have internet access, they can register offline by calling 0800 048 8285 (Mondays to Fridays between 8am and 5.30pm)
You can find some frequently asked questions on the IChoosr website.