Toggle menu

West Berkshire Everyone Active Discount

The leisure centre discount for residents of West Berkshire.


Apply for West Berkshire discount


This is a great, free way to gain discounts on activities in the council's sports and leisure centres. You can find guidance on how to apply below.

If you're over 60 years old, have a disability, are a Looked after Child or care leaver, a registered carer, military service veteran or are on a low income, you may be eligible for a concessionary discount which offers bigger discounts on some sports activities.

This is administered by Everyone Active - you can view their Privacy Policy to see how they will use your data.


How to apply

To apply for a West Berkshire discount, please:

  • apply online or, if you prefer, visit any West Berkshire Council sport and leisure centre where someone will be available to help you to complete an online application
  • Everyone Active will confirm your discount and ask you to provide relevant confirmation documents when next visiting a centre:
    • confirmation documents can include:
      • proof of address
        (a driving licence, bank statement, building society book, rent book, Council Tax statement, tenancy agreement, gas/electric/water/telephone bill, credit card bill, TV licence, or a medical card - please note that bills and statements must be dated with the last three months)
      • proof of identity
      • proof of age
        (for junior or senior discounts)
  • if you're applying for a concessionary discount you must also bring proof that relates to your particular circumstances:
    • if unemployed or retired, bus pass and/or proof of retirement/unemployment 
    • if disabled, a disabled person's bus pass or doctor's letter
    • if you're on a low income, you'll need proof in the form of a receipt for Universal Credit, housing benefit, Personal Independent Payment (PIP), job seekers allowance, or council tax benefit

Concessionary discount

Five pictures of different people doing leisure activities: two men swimming, a woman playing badminton, a wheelchair user in a gym, a man in a swimming pool and a woman lifting dumbbells.

Concessionary discount is available to people who are either:

  • disabled
  • aged 60 or over
  • on selected benefits
  • Looked after Children and care leavers
  • registered carers
  • military service veterans

You will need to provide proof of your circumstances (as explained above) when you apply.

Residents with a concessionary discount can benefit from reduced admissions to the gym, swimming, badminton, squash, table tennis (where available) during designated concessionary use periods.

Concessionary use periods are defined as:

  • up to 5pm Monday to Friday
  • 1pm to 5pm Saturday and Sunday

You can find admission prices on the Everyone Active website.


The Everyone Active logo.


Everyone Active manage West Berkshire's Leisure Centres, in Partnership with West Berkshire Council. 


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email