Information and Guidance for Improving your Sustainability
Find useful advice and information on becoming greener, including business networks, funding, and first-hand experience from local businesses.
We hope to make it as easy as possible to be a green business here in West Berkshire and we offer support and guidance to all businesses who are looking to be more sustainable.
We've put together a list of useful links to business networks, advice, and funding opportunities below:
- Sustainable Business Partnership: Join the Sustainable Business Network to connect with low carbon organisations to share ideas and best practice, and build business relationships (membership is free)
- Energy Saving Trust: Find information and support for supply chain and businesses, along with insight, advice, training and consultancy services on energy efficiency, low carbon transport, and renewable energy generation
- Carbon Trust: Find advice for businesses on strategy, supply chain, operational sustainability, innovation and delivery and assurance and green certification
- Environmental Information Exchange (EiE): As part of Oxford Brookes University, the EiE provides a wide range of practical information, actions, and support to help organisations understand and implement efficiency actions
- SME Climate Hub: Find useful free resources here, developed with Oxford University, to support small businesses in reducing their carbon emissions - these include support for reporting emissions, business strategy, and reducing supply chain emissions
- Investors in the Environment: This is a national environmental accreditation scheme designed to help organisations save time and money, reduce their impact on the environment, and get promoted for their green credentials - this is suitable for organisations of all types and sizes, regardless of industry
- Berkshire LEP: Berkshire Local Enterprise Partnership has a dedicated page for green advice, including their recent independent assessment undertaken by Bioregional about Net Zero
Why not hear directly from local businesses who have already gone above and beyond to become more sustainable? We held a webinar with Sheepdrove Organic Farm, Cotswold Fayre and Thatcham Refillable, who talked us through how other businesses can follow in their footsteps and make a start towards becoming greener:
You can find all our sustainable business case studies here.
You can also sign up to our Environment newsletter and Business newsletter to keep up to date: