Toggle menu

Mutual Exchange

Information about swapping your home with that of another social tenant

Mutual Exchange is available to all social tenants. You are a social tenant in West Berkshire if your landlord is a housing association.

With your landlord's permission, you can move home using mutual exchange by swapping your home with that of another social tenant in West Berkshire, or elsewhere in the country.

How to Access Mutual Exchange

You can register on the Exchange Locata website to advertise your property and search and view adverts for properties that you may be interested in. 

If you find someone you'd like to swap with, the website will give you details of what you have to do next. The site allows you to contact the current tenant using the details they have provided and arrange a viewing.
Please ensure you take appropriate precautions if you're attending a property viewing alone.

You can also search for a mutual exchange property on the Home Swapper website.

Remember, you cannot do a Mutual Exchange without your landlord's permission.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email