Educational Psychology Service
Promoting positive outcomes for vulnerable children and young people
Our educational psychologists apply psychology within the educational system and the community. We specialise in promoting learning, development, emotional well-being and positive outcomes for children, young people and their families.
The Educational Psychology Service is largely delivered in educational settings such as preschools, schools and colleges. As a result the service is usually accessed during school extended opening times.
Our work includes the following:
- Consultation with teachers, parents/carers and other adults who work with children or young people
- Psychological assessments, advice and interventions
- Intervention support with children and young people, families and staff for mental health and emotional well-being issues
- Professional development and training
- Research and evaluation
- Support for critical incidents in schools
We also work closely with other teams, especially the Therapeutic Thinking Support Team (TTST), the Mental Health Support Teams (MHST) and the Emotional Health Academy (EHA).
Who to contact
Cate Wilkes - Acting Educational Psychology Service Lead and Senior Educational Psychologist:
- Phone: 01635519026
- Email: Cate.Wilkes@westberks.gov.uk
See the pages below for further information for parents and carers, or schools, colleges or Early Years providers: