Eligible families are now able to access up to 15 hours a week of funded early education for their 2 year old children.
Is my 2 year old eligible for a funded place?
To be eligible for this funding a parent/carer must be in receipt of one of the following eligible benefits or meet the following criteria:
A. Economic Criteria
• Income support
• Income based Job Seekers Allowance
• Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit, but not Working Tax Credit and have an annual income not exceeding £16,190 as assessed by HMRC
• Employment Support Allowance (Income Related) (ESA(IR))
• Working Tax Credit four-week run on
• The family receive Working Tax Credits and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190.
• The family receive Universal Credit and have annual gross earnings of no more than £16,190.
B. Special Educational Needs (SEN) Criteria:
• The child has a current statement of Special Educational Need (SEN) or an Education, Health & Care Plan.
• The child attracts Disability Living Allowance (DLA).
C. Looked After Child (LAC) Criteria:
• The child is looked after by the Local Authority.
• The child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order.
You may apply now for funding if your child was born between:
1st September 2014 and 31st August 2015
If your child was born before these dates, there is no need to apply as they will be eligible for up to 15 hours Free Entitlement to early education as a 3 year old from September 2017.
If your child was born after these dates, it is too early to apply for funding, so please try again next term.
How can I apply for funding for my child?
If you think your child may be eligible for funding, you can apply by using our Online Application form. It is simple to use and takes you through a step-by-step process. Your application will be checked and you will be contacted by the Early Years and Childcare Team at West Berkshire Council within two weeks, to confirm whether or not your child is eligible. Please supply current contact details in case further information is required from you.
If you are unable to apply online, please visit your nearest Children’s Centre or contact the West Berkshire Family Information Service (01635 503100), who will be able to help you.
If eligibility is confirmed, you will be issued with a letter containing a unique reference number for your child, and a list of participating childcare providers that you may contact to arrange a suitable place for your child if they have a vacancy.
If you would like help with finding a place for your child, please indicate on the form and once eligibility has been confirmed, you will be contacted by the Family Information Service.