If you are unable to provide one of the proofs of disability listed above, you will to need to download, print and attached one of the Forms 3A to 3G, which can be found online www.westberks.gov.uk/concessionaryfares
. The form must be completed and signed by a qualified medical professional and returned with the completed Disabled Residents Application form along with proof of age, residency and a photograph to passport standards. Please note a letter or certificate from your doctor/GP will not be acceptable as evidence.
Form 3A – Blind or Partially Sighted
- severely sight impaired (blind) or sight impaired (partially sighted).
Form 3B – Profoundly or Severely Deaf.
Form 3C – Without Speech
- in any language (score of at least 8 PIP points against ‘communicating verbally).
Form 3D – Severe Walking Disability
- has a disability, or has suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on their ability to walk (score of at least 8 PIP points against ‘moving around’).
Form 3E – Without Use Of Arms
- does not have arms or has long-term loss of the use of both arms.
Form 3F – Learning Disability
- that is, a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning. Disability must have started before adulthood and the person should be able to qualify for specialist services and receive / received special education provision.
Form 3G – Unable To Drive On Medical Grounds
- would, if he applied for a driving licence to drive a motor vehicle, have his application refused otherwise than on the grounds of persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol.